Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: question for cherie & group

  1. #1
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been replacing old my old vinyl over the years and had a copy of flaming school girls. It was a runaways compilation with Cherie doing 2 solo cuts on piano: Here comes the sun was one and I think strawberry fields was the other. Does any one know if these are available or out there?
    I had the "taste of Cherie" disc in the car for the ride into work today. ..I love the disc, but Jane Doe has the chill factor.
    You know what I mean, a song that will make you shiver for a split second at a given moment.
    Have a great day all!

  2. #2
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Charlie,
    I don't think those songs can be found anywhere else... And I have to say that they were never meant to be put on a record in the first place. Fowley had me record them for an audition for the 'S Pepper' movie with the Bee Gee's and Peter Framton. I haven't heard those songs since I recorded them in.... what... 1976?
    [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    Cherie

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KamakazeeLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Those songs are out there if you look hard enuff.
    LOVE Hollywood Dream too!!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No doubt. I'm hooked, Cherie has some major soul.
    Have you heard the band "texas" mothers heaven is the disc. I have not played it in while but man there are some great vocals on that as well.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Peter Frampton [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] " Show me the way " Big fan of his! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] - NYJ -

  6. #6
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    those songs are on the Young & Wild Australian compilation CD which is a Fowley assisted unauthorised sneak release.
    (so don't buy it! :-) )

  7. #7
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    PS: those three Cherie 'solo' songs are just
    beautiful.
    (And I remember a review of Flaming Schoolgirls in Record Collector wondered why Hollywood Dream had not been on Queens of Noise instead of Johnny Guitar :-) )

  8. #8
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's true about Hollywod dream. I won't buy the disc. The heck with the "fowley cad". The Framtpon story on vh1 was a good one. Interesting person, excellent artist.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member valstreit's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Frampton Trivia.......what band was he in prior to this sucessful solo career?


    Val

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ July 23, 2002 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Tyme2Play ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Humble Pie. A nice alblum is Humble Pie Live Rocking the fillmore.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic